Carpet performance is directly related to the type of fiber used in its construction.
Most carpets are made out of Nylon, Polyester, Wool or Olefin, also known as Polypropylene.
The benefits and features of each of these fibers is below.
- Noted for its luxury color-fastness, good crush recovery, and resistance to soiling
- Is soft, has high bulk, and is available in many colors
- Is more expensive than synthetic fibers and stains easily
- Noted for its luxurious soft feel
- Has excellent color clarity and color retention
- Is resistant to water-soluble stains
- Has a low tolerance to oil based stains
- Tends to crush more than other fibers in traffic
- Will resist wear when constructed in a looped carpet
- Is notably colorfast because the color is added when the fiber is being produced.
- Is often used in both indoor and outdoor installations.
- Is very susceptible to oil based stains
- Tends to crush easily in high traffic areas
- Is the most versatile fiber for coloration and carpet styling
- Maintains its texture in high traffic areas when cared for
- Is stain and soil resistant making it a very durable fiber
Along with paint, carpet can be one of the easiest ways to personalize a room’s environment. Its color can be a neutral foundation or a vibrant color to create a focal point. Its style can be enhanced with rich organic or geometric patterns. Today’s carpet trends take full advantage of new products as well as new thinking about style and color.
Even though a neutral colored carpet is still popular choice more and more people are selecting deep, rich, and vibrant colors to add to a rooms design
Cut and looped patterns is growing in popularity because it minimizes wear and shows less vacuum marks. Pattern carpets offer distinctive styling with designs that incorporate organic or geometric shapes. These new products styles allow the carpet itself to become part of the design focus.
Stairs are a focal point of the home but they also represent an area of high traffic. Since carpet on stairs tends to show wear before other areas of the house many of today’s customers are considering other carpet options when replacing their stairs. Patterns or loop berbers in coordinating colors allows a customer to put a different style carpet on their stairs all while maintaining a visual uniformity in color with the carpet in the rest of the house. Feeling unsure? We will gladly help you select the right type of carpet to meet your needs. We only sell the highest quality carpet, at the lowest possible prices, with up to date colors, styles, and designs.